Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wedding prep and custom orders - 500 Days: 1

I've decided to start blogging about our adventures down the wedding planning road. There is exactly 529 days until we take the plunge, so to speak. I'm going to try and blog every day about what planning I've done, but I'm sure there will be some days that I don't get around to it! There is a lot to do and because I'm going to be making pretty much everything (except my dress), I figure I should probably start soon! I've cleaned out a small section of shelf in the linen closet, which is where I will be storing all my wedding goodies, so nothing gets lost or destroyed. Here is what it looks like so far:



So far the shelf contains my wedding binder, some fabric I will find some use for, a baggie with some small paper flowers and the start to our invites, and our first box of wedding decorations ... for the car! Guess you could say it's our first wedding "gift" as Adrian's grandma bought it for us.

I recently got my first custom order from a friend on Facebook! She requested some "teachery" type magnets (because she's a teacher) that matched her office decor colours of red and white. I was excited to start this project as I've only made very few magnets before and they've only been flowers. I love challenging tasks like this, to see how far I can stretch my creativity!! I came up with a few ideas. I'm pretty proud of what I've come up with so far.



This apple is sooo cute! I'm so happy it turned out so good.... even though I knew it would ;)



I'm toying around with the flag w/ numbers, I think it will look pretty neat once it's finished. Just not too sure if it's going to be too big. I made the pencil out of felt. Adrian says it doesn't look like a pencil because it's not yellow. But it's just to get an idea if I'm on the right track for my customer. I still think it looks cool, even though it's not yellow =)

Anyway, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day so I think I'm going to try and get out and enjoy it!

Thanks for reading =) (And check back every day as I plan my way to wedded bliss!)

xxxoxoxxxoooxxxx

No comments: